Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One Happy Customer

This is James. James likes to eat. That makes me very happy at the end of a long day. Last night was the 1st time we sat James at the kitchen table with us (instead of in his highchair). I set his place setting just like his older brother Camden's and he was thrilled! He used his fork, spoon and often his hands when when the cutlery just wouldn't shovel the food fast enough.

We had a quickly thrown together Chicken Pasta Bake. I cooked 2 cups of pasta (penne to be exact) until just tender, then sauteed some onion and garlic in a pan with a little olive oil (I might even add some sliced mushrooms or cubed eggplant next time around at this stage). I used about a cup or so of cooked, diced chicken and threw all of the above into a casserole with 1 cup shredded swiss cheese and 1 cup shredded parmesan. Stir in 1 large can of diced tomatoes (28oz), some dried parsley and oregano flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Top with a mixture of breadcrumbs and parmesan to cover the top. Bake in an oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees and that's it.

James was very happy, and so was his brother Camden, and my husband Glen. Everyone cleaned their plates and Camden actually said 'you make a good pasta bake mama!'
Music to my ears!



2 comments:

Kelly-Jane said...

Oh my, compliments! It just makes it so much easier when they are happy :)

Lisa said...

He is SO CUTE!!! And your pasta bake looks delicious!
Congratulations!!