Sunday, June 17, 2007

Cape Cod- Part 1

We have just arrived home after our one week family vacation in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. It was as beautiful and peaceful as I imagined, and I am already dreaming about spending every summer there with the boys!


It was an 11 hour drive from Toronto to where we stayed, but it really didn't seem that long at all. The boys were great for the drive (we rented a van that had a dvd player which was a lifesaver!)

We stayed in Truro, which was only a few minutes from Provincetown. The picture above was taken at the docks in Provincetown where we boarded a boat and experienced whale watching. It was amazing! We were so fortunate on our excursion to have seen as many whale sightings as we did (apparently some are not so lucky). They jumped out of the water, flapped their fins and made appearance after appearance! I couldn't help wondering if anyone ever fell off the boat during one of those rides. Needless to say, I held on to the kids for dear life the entire time!


We ate some delicious meals, did some shopping, and explored the beach. I have a lot more to add, but I have mountains of laundry to get through before I get back to work on Monday morning. The Cape Cod story will continue.........




No comments: