Monday, November 19, 2007

I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Ever since Mara posted about her favorite things, this song has been swirling around in my head. I love the movie The Sound of Music, and Julie Andrew's sure knows how to see the bright side of life jumping from the nunnery to the Von Trap residence.

As I puttered around the kitchen early on Sunday morning, I started to look around and take notice of all of my favorite things too. Here are some of them:

My cookbook holder. This was a gift from my mother in law, and I love it mostly because of the page holders.

Not only do I love mugs, tea cups & saucers, and espresso cups (see below), but I love birds, feathers and eggs. I also love lidded mugs and these ones happen to have eggs on top.
Cookie Cutters! These are just a few of my favorite ones including the newest baby (top left corner) all the way from Finland, thanks to Annika.
This is my favorite dish towel and Cranberry colored gratin dish. It is the perfect size to make dips, which are always welcome in my house, as well as a croissant bread pudding for two.
Part of my everyday china are these tiny espresso cups. They are Denby stonewear, so I can also bake tiny little chocolate cakes in them. Alongside is my favorite stovetop espresso maker.
This is my favorite flower pot. It looks old and worn and I love the blue pattern. It usually sits on my window sill above my sink.

These colorful little dessert plates were a find at Home Sense. I love that they are all different, and meant to be slightly bumpy and irregular.

I didn't have to look too far or deep into cabinets to find my favorite things. It seems I keep them mostly where I can see them which makes perfect sense.

4 comments:

Mara said...

What a lovely verse :) And all the stuff looks lovely, but I'm really envious of the cook book holder, it's so gorgeous!

Kelly-Jane said...

Love all your favourite things too! I'm especially drawn to the lidded cups, they are so beautiful.

julie said...

I like your things too, those mugs are sweet, and so are the tiny espresso cups! Lovely idea to bake cakes in them:)

annauk said...

Sandy, I love to see your favourite things, thanks for sharing!
xx