Saturday, December 15, 2007

Getting Inspired

So far, all of my posts have been related to food or family. But as I mentioned a little earlier, I'm venturing into some old but new creative territory. It seems only natural that it will find its way onto this blog, although my blog name does seem a little odd now. But onwards I go....

I have been gathering ideas and finding inspiration all over the place. I've added some amazing blogs to my sidebar which I visit regularly. I've also been flipping through old and new books that are really motivating me to start new projects.


We've decided to convert a spare bedroom into a studio of sorts. A creative den where I can lay out all of my stuff and be able to pick up and drop projects in between bathtime and stories or at any given moment. I am so excited! My sewing machine is coming out to see the light of day again. I suspect she might need a tune up. The room has been painted a fresh coat of paint and it already looks great. I'm trying to find the right desk, lighting and storage ideas for my threads, fabrics and books. It's exciting but I will have to be patient as Camden's birthday parties and all things Christmas have been consuming every spare second I have. With Christmas a week away, it's time to buckle down on wrapping gifts and baking too.

Hopefully by the new year, my room will be in working order and I will show you something exciting.

2 comments:

Aimée said...

Oh, that sounds like fun and the perfect winter hobby. Can't wait to see what you turn out.
I wish I could sew.....

annauk said...

Sandy, it must be lovely to be creative - I'm really not!
:-)
xx