Friday, December 28, 2007

The Season of Sugar

Christmas has passed, but there are remnants of the holidays still floating around. I managed to bake a few goodies myself, but look at this assortment that was given to me by a little baking elf...

All baked and decorated by my little sister, Julie. We've been nibbling on them for days now and they taste as delicious as they are pretty. Thank you, Julie.

We actually managed to paint and semi-setup my new sewing room just in time to do some Christmas crafts. My niece Madeleine spent Christmas Eve morning with us and we decorated these dolls. I got the idea from here, and printed off the design from Kiddley's site.


They were so much fun, I even had Glen into it.

After that we made some tree ornaments. I had cut out dozens of felt Christmas trees, Snowmen and Gingerbread men but the kids were only interested in making one each. I am still not used to the attention spans of children under the age of 5. I think they turned out adorable and hopefully we've started a new tradition of making one each year.At the last minute, I decided to make Madeleine this little doll quilt. It was so much fun to finally make something pink and girlie. I'm working on another girlie project for my other little niece next. Stay tuned!


I hope everyone's holiday's were filled with family, friends, good food and sweet memories.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Mara said...

Well done, Sandy! I so envy people who can sew and make such lovely things :)

Ms O said...

What cute, cute paper dolls and tree ornaments! It's great you're so creative. The little ones will always remember your time together.

Those cookies are spectacular - very professional looking.

Lea x