Friday, January 25, 2008

a little colour for dull days

For me, the downside of January is that the days feel so dark and short. By the time I get to work, the sun is barely shining, and when I leave it's already setting. With no window anywhere near my desk, this makes for a pretty dreary day. I've been looking for a little colour to liven things up and thought these might help...
They are sitting atop the prettiest fabric ever, which I just received today along with 2 others. I've been eyeing these fabrics by Joel Dewberry and Amy Butler for some time and can hardly wait to make something with them. The pale pink is going to be a simple summer top using this Simplicity pattern by Built by Wendy. I'm not too sure what I'm doing with the other two just yet, but something will come up, I am sure.
I also got one of the best presents ever the other day from my sweetie. I have never tried hand embroidery, but this stitch it kit by Jenny Hart is awesome. It includes everything I need to start embroidery and the price is insanely reasonable. I may be getting a little ahead of myself here, but I feel like Spring is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Aimée said...

Adorable fabric! Think of the possibilities...
Let's hope spring is just around the corner.