Monday, February 11, 2008

keeping cozy


I have finally completed a knitting project that is making me smile! It was easy and oh, so cozy for these blistering cold winter days. I started out with another one, which didn't end up in a happy place. It caused me a little grief from the start, yet I persisted and ended up with something much too large to ever wear. I summed it up to good practice and let go of my neckwarmer desires for this year. Until I spotted this lovely grey version, and then this one in a yellow yarn on a much larger needle!

I used Lion Brand's 'Thick & Quick' yarn, just as the yellow version does, and completed it in one Sunday afternoon and evening. I am no expert, but using a size 13 (9mm) round needle made it feel effortless. And I loved the yarn so much, that I also bought a skein in blue and am now contemplating going back for another one in cream. A girl needs options, doesn't she?

6 comments:

Claudia said...

It is such a lovely colour and it is good to have a project that makes you smile! I love working with big wool and needle size 13. It looks so luxurious.

beki said...

Ooo, that's so pretty!

a friend to knit with said...

that should really make you smile!
and in the green! fabulous.

Aimée said...

That's really nice, Sandy. A great color for you!

sheepish one said...

thanks for stopping by my blog... i've been stopping here for a week or two, and have been enjoying ALL of your baking (esp. the babkas!) and photos. this neckwarmer is one of MY favorites, and it should have shown up in my flickr mosaic today, but for some reason, didn't. anyways, i love its simplicity and practicality. great job!

by Johanna Brandvik said...

lovely. that green is perfect!