Wednesday, February 20, 2008

spring has landed on my couch...

By way of this pillow:
I finally made a pillow to liven up our dark leather couch in the family room. I'll finish the second one tomorrow night. I used some of the gorgeous fabric I recently bought from Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut line. And I used an excellent tutorial from house on hill road's blog to guide me through the lapped zipper. It's been awhile and this was a new technique for me.
I think I am really on a green kick lately.

Oh, I also got another package in the mail today. This time with some fat quarters of Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market fancy fabrics.

I really want to make a picnic blanket for the summer with these ones. I have so many ideas. So much inspiration. I just need more time!!!

2 comments:

Paola said...

so beautiful, sandy! i just love that pillow and the fabrics are lovely!

paola

Shayne said...

I hear ya, more time!