Wednesday, March 5, 2008

carrying on

It's been a slow process, and it's not completely finished just yet. But I don't feel that any room in our entire house is ever completely finished. There is always room for some small item on a shelf or a unique piece to hang up on the wall. But my sewing room is making progress. Little by little.
I ordered this poster and hung it up over the weekend. I first spotted it here and knew instantly I had to have it. I ordered it from here and framed it with a Ribba frame from Ikea. Aaaaahhhh, I feel calmer already.


Glen found me this great blue table second hand too. I can't believe it was only $20. It's in my favorite corner of the room with shelves that my Dad handmade when I was a kid. I repainted them a few years ago, and now they are home to some of my favorite things.


At the end of a long day, I sit in this corner and try to sew or plan new projects. Some nights, when I am too tired to accomplish anything, I just sit there and enjoy my little corner. It's my very own little nook, full of my favorite things.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

You got that perfect cute adorable table for 20$. It's such a nice piece of vintage furniture. I also like the poster. I think that it's the most popular poster in the craft blog world! I would like to buy it but I have very little wall space available for posters at the moment :( Maybe for my office at work?

a friend to knit with said...

oh, i would never want to leave that corner!!
i so wish i had a spot like that.
i too ordered that print. last fall. i have yet to frame it! must get to ikea!

Ms O said...

What a perfect spot you've created for yourself, Sandy. It's so full of light!

Lea x

Jeff said...

I have that poster too! I think it's the crafter's mantra.

Darling table - I never find stuff like that. Great find!

Anna said...

I love your sewing room, it looks so peaceful!

sheepish one said...

what a wonderful room! i hardly have a sidetable at which i craft. oh to have a corner!!

i've seen that poster so much recently, and hadn't ever seen it before then. i may have to hunt one down.

Lisa said...

VERY cool space! I love it! And you have a dressmaker's form! That looks great w/your lovely knitted piece!
What a fab job you have done on your special room.