Wednesday, July 9, 2008

salted caramel love


Some people adore chocolate, but I prefer caramel. Throw a little saltiness in there, and I am completely smitten. I found Tartelette's recipe for salted caramel sauce ages ago, and every so often keep a jar of it in the fridge for summer sundaes.

While the kids weren't looking, we ate one of these for lunch, figuring the peanuts were protein, and the bananas a source of fresh fruit. Let me warn you in advance though, that making this caramel sauce should be limited as you will find yourself eating spoonfuls of it with or without ice cream.

9 comments:

sheepish one said...

i am SO with you on the caramel love.
i will try to never, ever make this.
i would absolutely eat it all. absolutely.
yes, i would.
mmm...

Claudia said...

I love chocolate but I think that I'm ready for something new like caramel. And peanuts are a real source of protein...just like a steak...right!!!

vonsachsen said...

Oh my, I don´t know wether I shall thank you or...not. I don´t need any more addictions that involves sugar:D

You "lunch" looks unbelievably healthy! Oooopps!;P

Ms O said...

Bless you heart for sharing the recipe! I'll bet if you gave that jar of sauce to a friend or neighbor, they'd follow you everywhere...I know I would...lol. I can't wait to make this, Sandy!

Lea x

Tartelette said...

Wow! Look at those bowls! Glad you liked the recipe! I am working on another version so we'll see! I might ask you to try it first and compare!

Jane said...

This looks just evil! but wonderful! I'm so trying this!

a friend to knit with said...

OH! i love it!
i am SO making it.
and i might just eat it for breakfast. lunch. AND dinner!!!

Philigry said...

that looks divine!

Vanillastrawberryspringfields said...

yummy yummy yum luscious caramel......me love me love